Friday, June 17, 2011

Safe Arrival

We arrived in good shape, if a little haggard - I had some trouble getting into the blog last evening so my apologies for the delay in this.

Smooth travel all the way to Hong Kong, where an hour delay got us to Phnom Penh just as the sun set around 6:30. Beautiful views of the Mekong / Tonle Sap rivers as we flew low over the rice paddies on the outskirts of the city.

No problems getting Visas and our baggage (I remembered all mine this year) and Arn and SeyMa were at the airport to meet us. Checked in to Town View II and out to dinner at a fairly new restaurant open by Phlouen Prim, the new director of CLA.

We're off on a cyclo tour of parts of the city this morning in a few minute (8am here - we are 11 hours ahead of you).

All is well. More later.

6 comments:

  1. Good too see you arrived safely, and Im glad no one forgot their bags this year!!! Tell Arn and Sey ma I said hello.

    GP

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see your post. What a trip. You must be glad to have finally atrived! Have a great day. I am going to sleep. Ha! It's not uncommon that I am sleeping while Damian is up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone. Its nice to know that you are all safe & sound. I am glad the flights were good for you. Take care and Have a wonderful tour!
    Marialta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are all safe. Sorry I wasn't up for your departure, but the Stanley Cup kept me up too late! Please send my best to all of our CLA friends and Charley.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you are all arrived at my second home town and
    in the good hands of Arn and Seyma. Hope you will meet my two grandsons soon. Ask Arn to take you to them! And hope I'll see you on my return to Cambodia July 7!
    Charley Todd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. Keep them coming !

    John

    ReplyDelete